Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Aloha

I once had this dream that I moved my family to the big island in Hawaii. We bought a big fancy house for really cheap, because it was covered in flecks of black lava from the volcano, just behind it. Anyway, we were all enjoying our new house one morning, (and scraping off the lava), when up walks Grant and Lindsay walking about twenty dogs.

Turns out that they had had enough corporate crap, and 'downshifted' to start a dog-walking business in the sunshine. At the time, I just thought it was another nocturnal brainfart from the subconcious that brought you this drivel.

But having read Fuzzy's beautiful, eloquent post, I'm beginning to think that I might be some kind of psychic diva. Changing your life just for the hell of it is one thing, but it seems to me that Grant's got other plans here. I think that they're one step on the way to Hawaii. The laid back 70's music vibe, the more time for living thing - the pathetic attempts at belittling broken colleagues -all the signs are there. Pretty soon it'll be all flowers and beaches and 'walk your dog, man?'

I'd like to congratulate them, and tell them I'm really proud of both of them. They'll both be sadly missed.

When you find the yellow house with the lava on it, drop me an email, guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment