Thursday, January 13, 2005

Explaining Teahupoo

Man, the templating system that we're building for Project Tremble is really cool. Building on some of the ideas available in Gmail - (namely returning JavaScript elements back to the DOM from XMLHTTP Requests), The solution is so clever, that we spent considerable time debating whether or not it was ground-breaking innovation or complete lunacy.

You know those feelings of disbelief- often there's a really really good reason why somebody hasn't done something yet - because it's actually retarded. Occam's Razor would say that this is usually the case.

But, after much deliberation, Big-Headed Simon (not an ironic Australian insult, but a fact - we measured developers heads one drunken Friday, and Simon's is the biggest) and I decided that we really had something here. I'm utterly blown away by the approach. When V1 of Tremble ships in July, you'll be able to see what I mean...

I love this photo of paddling out in Teahupoo, Tahiti. Apparently Napoleon always wore red on the battlefield, so none of his men could tell if he had been shot.
"Josephine, Fetch me my brown board-shorts"



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:35 pm

    Teahupoo, is fricken MEAN, that picture, the wave literally is a wall, the wall of the wave is literally a WALL!, its straight vert. E aka hele, which i know all the surfers are the best out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gordon. I have been looking to get a poster size of this picture and I was wondering if you knew where I could find it.

    I would appreciate it.

    Thanks Bud.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gordon,

    I am looking for a poster size picture of this to put in my garage and was wondering if you knew where I could get one.

    Thanks Budd.

    N8

    ReplyDelete