Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lifehack:Ahoy, Me Hearties!

As previously mentioned, I have something of a tendency to procrastinate.

I really hate that I do this. The absolute worst thing about procrastination is that there is no reward. It's kind of like you say "I'll show me! I just won't start anything until it is due..." And then you end up working like crazy at the last minute. Ha. Take that...

So, naturally, I'm always out to find a way to trick myself into more productivity.

My current tool this week is the Ship's Bell - based on the sailor's system of watches.

Once you learn to tell the time by counting the watches, it becomes a lot more apparent how much time you're wasting.
And just by associating the sound of the bells with the fact that you should be working, I've found myself focusing on single tasks for the whole 'watch' - often more.

If you'd like to try it out, you can download a little system utility for windows that will sound the bells for you from fredsplace.org.
Or you know, you can just do it later, if you want...

No comments:

Post a Comment