Skip to main content

You've got Spam Poetry!

Outlook 2003 notified me today that "The universe was a figment of it's own imagination."

(SpamBayes does a great job of removing spam, but the little outlook pop-up toast thingy still displays it)

"That looks weird", I thought, as the blue notifier faded away.

But when I got to my inbox, there was nothing more than an ad for "ch3ap pharm3cut1cal's". Probing a little further, I found the following text at white 2 pt font on a white background. It looks to me like it's been randomly cropped and computer re-assembled from "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy. I thought it was kind of pretty.

So I cleaned it up and added some punctuation and link words. Here's today's Spam Poem:


Street Theatre Grant, and went away.


Universe was only a figment of its own imagination we were eventually given.
That is, he would insult everybody in it.
His life --- simply because some pedantic adjudicating official noticed Improbability Factors.

Itself is simply a revolutionary new way,
people who leave when they see who usefully take that day,

Lux-O-Valves and Refracto-Nullifiers and Spectrum-Bypass-O-Matics,
he bills within the confines of the "Ah. And had anyone else noticed it?" series.

The men are leaving the pitch in the company of a police officer,
In other words, an unidentifiable little metal object with...

Imagine, and a lot of things.
One, quiet private lives in the marshes of Squornshellous Zeta.
Many of them past the mountain, round it, even over it,
and simply never have noticed, or get caught, slaughtered, dried out,

Not trip over, or break his nose on anything, and yet-
"(b) suspicious-looking ones were never tested under laboratory conditions."

The precise details are not important because - no!
Whole days would go on like, Simple...
Somebody Else's Problem field.

The technology involved in making anything invisible!
(Then people would have walked. )

It is so at about 2:55 when you breathe.




I think there's something in that for all of us...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter at Blackhead

Camping out on the headland, miles from anywhere. Big swell, off-shore winds, clear crisp nights and smoke from the wood fire. Sometimes it's so rewarding to get out from under the pressure of your life and just be a family of humans.

How to rename an XML Node in C#

This was driving me crazy - here's an easy cut and paste solution to not being able to use the DOM to rename a node for lazy developers like me: public static XmlNode RenameNode (XmlNode node, string namespaceURI,string qualifiedName) { if (node.NodeType == XmlNodeType.Element) { XmlElement oldElement = (XmlElement) node; XmlElement newElement = node.OwnerDocument.CreateElement(qualifiedName, namespaceURI); while (oldElement.HasAttributes) { newElement.SetAttributeNode(oldElement.RemoveAttributeNode(oldElement.Attributes[0])); } while (oldElement.HasChildNodes) { newElement.AppendChild(oldElement.FirstChild); } if (oldElement.ParentNode != null) { oldElement.ParentNode.ReplaceChild(newElement, oldElement); } return newElement; } else { return null; } ...

Democracy in Action...

I have to vote in the US Senate Election Tomorrow. Okay, I don't have to vote, but being an Australian American, voting is something we do. Australia has compulsory voting, which I am overwhelmingly supportive of. People often assume that the point of compulsory voting is to somehow educate people about politics - to force them to have an opinion. The reality has nothing to do with voters, and everything to do with ensuring good governance - By forcing politicians to care about every voter, rather than just the ones who can be bothered to go down to the poll both and vote, it means that politicians are consequently forced to address the needs of all the citizens in the country. Under a non compulsory voting system, it's mainly the wealthy and educated who vote. I was a little shocked to find out that part of the aim of the campaign advertisements that have been confusing me for the last month on TV is not to encourage voters to vote for one candidate or another, but to discou...