Skip to main content

Heading East - Way East...

In a moment of 'Why-the-hell-not?', I've accepted a position with TOWER Software in the USA, as a Senior Technical Consultant. My role will be to help people get TRIM Context, and ICE installed and working as part of an ECM Solution. The US office is doing amazing stuff right now, so I'm really excited to be able to join them and help out where I can.

Meanwhile, there's this business of having to move my whole family across the Pacific, to Virginia. Throw in a confusing maze of immigration bureaucracy- and sorting out which stuff to sell, which stuff to chuck, and which stuff to store, and things are looking pretty busy around here right now...

I'm really looking forward to a new country, a new culture, and most of all, something different. I've been in Canberra for 15 years now. It's time for a new perspective.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:15 pm

    Hi Gordon,

    Congratulations on your new appointment. Could I kindly ask you if you are able to send me a TRIM Contect 6 operational manual to me via email in a PDF file format.

    I thank you sincerely and look forward to aquainting myself with your products.

    Kind regards,

    Libor Peck
    liborpeck@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter at Blackhead

Camping out on the headland, miles from anywhere. Big swell, off-shore winds, clear crisp nights and smoke from the wood fire. Sometimes it's so rewarding to get out from under the pressure of your life and just be a family of humans.

How to rename an XML Node in C#

This was driving me crazy - here's an easy cut and paste solution to not being able to use the DOM to rename a node for lazy developers like me: public static XmlNode RenameNode (XmlNode node, string namespaceURI,string qualifiedName) { if (node.NodeType == XmlNodeType.Element) { XmlElement oldElement = (XmlElement) node; XmlElement newElement = node.OwnerDocument.CreateElement(qualifiedName, namespaceURI); while (oldElement.HasAttributes) { newElement.SetAttributeNode(oldElement.RemoveAttributeNode(oldElement.Attributes[0])); } while (oldElement.HasChildNodes) { newElement.AppendChild(oldElement.FirstChild); } if (oldElement.ParentNode != null) { oldElement.ParentNode.ReplaceChild(newElement, oldElement); } return newElement; } else { return null; } ...

Democracy in Action...

I have to vote in the US Senate Election Tomorrow. Okay, I don't have to vote, but being an Australian American, voting is something we do. Australia has compulsory voting, which I am overwhelmingly supportive of. People often assume that the point of compulsory voting is to somehow educate people about politics - to force them to have an opinion. The reality has nothing to do with voters, and everything to do with ensuring good governance - By forcing politicians to care about every voter, rather than just the ones who can be bothered to go down to the poll both and vote, it means that politicians are consequently forced to address the needs of all the citizens in the country. Under a non compulsory voting system, it's mainly the wealthy and educated who vote. I was a little shocked to find out that part of the aim of the campaign advertisements that have been confusing me for the last month on TV is not to encourage voters to vote for one candidate or another, but to discou...