Sunday, February 03, 2008

Groundhog's Day

Hmmm.

Simon was picking on me the other day for not being a good blogger any more. (Part of me was all offended - "You are incorrect - I'm teh awesome!", but mostly I was thinking - "That must mean that he thought I was a good blogger once - which is still pretty cool.")

Alas, It's been a really long time since I've had much interesting to say, and most importantly the time to actually say it. Running a startup business is hard work, it takes a lot of time from you, and most of my precious blogging time has been spent on getting stuff together over on the infovark blog. It's a good site, and I'm very proud of it, but I admit that it does lack the kind of personal-ness that I like to read in blogs. Reading over my old posts here, I tended to write very honestly, and I didn't need to have a topic - I'd just waffle on about any old crap. Corporate blogging is quite a bit less freestyle, and more structured.

So, in an effort to recapture my blogging mojo, let's take stock of the things that are in my head today.

I like to play music. I've been getting together with an old friend from TOWER each weekend and rocking out playing in a band. We're pretty bad, but man - it is such a fun thing to do! filling your whole self with music is a wonderful experience.

Quitting TOWER was a really good thing for me to do. Life in the USA as an IT consultant is perhaps the most tiring and time-consuming thing I can imagine. I spent way too much time focussing on my job, and not enough time on my family. My job was interesting, but my Family are much more important. Now my job is great, and I have more time and flexibility than ever.

My kids are obsessed with FancyPants 2. It's really fun!

And, on that note - I have to go and fix the toilet. That will surely be at least as fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment