Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Here be Trolls...

Just a quick shout out to Kathy Sierra, who is sadly seriously considering never posting again as a result of some seriously odious behaviour. Kathy's blog, Creating Passionate users has been a great source of inspiration to me, and is always required reading.

The thing about nasty troll-folk, is that the threats really rattle you. They get into your head and live with you. It's stupid, and sad. You don't want them too, but they do, nonetheless. I know it's the internet and everything, but it's made up of PEOPLE, OKAY! You shouldn't say anything you wouldn't say in person.

Anyway, If you're a fan, make sure you stop by the comments section and show your support. And if you aren't, you should stop by and read the archives - you'll probably become one :)

2 comments:

  1. I tolerated trolls for a long time. I mean they fed rope to themselves and hanged themselves time and time again.

    However I was forced to ban one when he threatened to try and get me sacked. Now, on his deluded blog, he posts rants about what I blog interspersed with insults about my weight.

    I think he found out I was fat when I mentioned it in the blog header.

    Anyway, trolls. The internet is full of them. The important thing is to not let it get to you. They are the e-equivalent of dickheads in bars demanding 'what are you looking at?' before trying to beat you up in the carpark. They are sad, lonely people with sad lonely lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 am

    I am very sad for Kathy, too. Another expression of woman-hating by some sick guy.

    ReplyDelete