Monday, July 31, 2006

Crowd Sauce?

Okay, I know you're not supposed to click on your own ads, but I found this link to Cambrian House quite intriguing.

Remember those guys who bought Mikal lunch? well, this is them, so they obviously have a pretty smart marketing team. It turns out that they also have a pretty neat idea, too. Or rather than just one, about a squillion...

You know, If I had a dollar for every time someone said to me:
"Hey, you're a computer nerd. You know what would be really cool?
[insert some random weird person specific software idea]

Now I'm sure that would make you a million dollars!"
Well, then I'd have at least seven dollars. Which isn't really that impressive, but when you consider that there are at least 3 hundred thousand computer nerds out there, each with at least seven different [insert some random weird person specific software idea], Then that old longtail large number theory starts to kick in...

Cambrian House are offering a battle ground where ideas can play off against each other, and hopefully, the best ones will win. They'll then be built by enterprising developers, and sold in return for profit, which goes back to the developers. This is a cool idea, and the idea warz page, where you can see exactly what's winning (and more entertainingly, what's not) is an endless source of fun. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. lol - so finally get around to updating my post, and guess what a comment offa gordo about my )lack) of update ..... pot/kettle/black !

    ;o) luv ya lots bro'

    ps loads of pblms here, chat soon

    ReplyDelete