Saturday, June 10, 2006

Coming to America

Well, after the most hectic 3 weeks of my life, Here I am in L.A. I'm without my family thanks to the bureaucrats, who require me to lodge my IRS 1040 Tax Return before they can give my wife and kids a visa. So, it's on to Reston, and then straight to the Social Security Office, to defeat the final boss. We will prevail!!

I like America. The customs guy said "Welcome Home Mr Taylor" as he stamped my passport.

I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to all of my friends and family who helped me get here - particularly my Dad (who can fix absolutely everything, and has proved it numerous times) , my Mom (Who organized a great farewell party, and made the garden look respectable) and Ali's family, who've lent us everything we didn't have in order to get away, including heaps of their precious time.

Two days to recover from jetlag, and then I get to start work in Washington DC on Monday.

Life is busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment