Monday, May 01, 2006

I can Wii when I wanna Wii

Okay, so is it just me? Or has all the hype about the nintendo wii has grown old really quickly?.

Yeah, it's a dumb name. Blah blah blah we get it already.

I was thinking a bit about it over the weekend, and you know, despite the fact that Winnie the Pooh is named after excrement, it hasn't affected his ability to sell stuff. And it dawned on me, (after much consideration) that the literal translation for Sinn Fein (the IRA's political arm) is 'We Ourselves' . I've known that for ages, and I never associated Sinn Fein with urinating in their own pants. (although, come to think of it, it is a bit amusing in a very juvenile way...)



So, now we have the wii. Maybe it will grow on me. Maybe it will be a constant source of embarrassment.

Either way, when the thing is released, this nintendo fanboy will go buy one.

But the absolute nadir, the point where I realized the whole conversation was really stupid, was when I read this quote from the supposed 'cooltechzone':

Whatever happened to Marketing 101? Oh, one more thing, did you forget that Wii also has a connotation to urine in French?
Oh please. Didn't these guys do even basic French in high school? Sheesh..

No comments:

Post a Comment