Tuesday, March 21, 2006

And Pages Begat Pages...

I was invited to test the new google page creator today. I recently spent some time with joomla, and a few other content management systems, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed at how complicated it was to create a web page. It's easy for nerds like me, but if you're a more casual web user, having to type html, or learn a scripting language is too hard. If a user has to read the manual, you've already lost.

So I was pleased to see that google make it ridiculously easy, and all you need is a browser and you're good to go. That makes it easier still. The image uploading process was particularly easy - and a little different to the standard HTML file input that we see so often. The templates are all nice, and there's enough diversity to please nearly every one.

So, yeah - nice one, you guys. Less power to the nerds, I say.

If you'd like to see the results of my investigation, you can share the love here.

No comments:

Post a Comment