Tuesday, July 26, 2005

CDs in my Collection

Despite the fact that Ian claims to own the internet, (Air Supply! bwa ha ha!) I'm going to jump on this CD tagging thing.
It's possibly worth adding that I don't actually ever play these on any device that spins optical discs.

Five Recent CD Purchases
  • Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order
  • The Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic
  • John Frusciante - Shadows Collide with People
  • Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
  • John Coltrane - Greatest Hits
Five CDs You Have Had For a While, and Still Play Regularly
  • Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
  • Primus - Pork Soda
  • Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
  • The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
  • The Necks - Hanging Gardens
Five CDs You Might not admit to owning, or having owned, unless your conscience makes you fess up on a blog:
  • The presidents of the united states of america (thanks simon for reminding me)
  • The Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hot
  • Cordurouy - The New You!
I'll admit to owning everything else. (That doesn't mean I won't get laughed at.)

First Music You Remember Purchasing on Each Format:
  • Vinyl: 1983 'The Hot Ones' - a terrible, terrible, eighties music compilation record that included such hits as 'Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Dang' by Monte Video and the Cassettes. Sheesh.

  • Cassette:Samantha Fox's Touch Me. Hey! - I was twelve. There were all sorts of strange feelings going on inside my gangly prepubescent body. All I knew was that afer I saw her video, I sort of wanted to buy her album, despite the fact that she was terrible.

  • CD: The first CD I bought was John Lee Hooker's 'Boogie Chillun', in 1989. (accompanying any sharp intakes of breath at my innate coolness and taste should be the fact that I only bought it because it came free with one of those dodgey binder offers at the Moruya News Agent for $6.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment