It's possibly worth adding that I don't actually ever play these on any device that spins optical discs.
Five Recent CD Purchases
- Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order
- The Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic
- John Frusciante - Shadows Collide with People
- Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
- John Coltrane - Greatest Hits
- Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
- Primus - Pork Soda
- Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
- The Necks - Hanging Gardens
- The presidents of the united states of america (thanks simon for reminding me)
- The Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hot
- Cordurouy - The New You!
First Music You Remember Purchasing on Each Format:
- Vinyl: 1983 'The Hot Ones' - a terrible, terrible, eighties music compilation record that included such hits as 'Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Dang' by Monte Video and the Cassettes. Sheesh.
- Cassette:Samantha Fox's Touch Me. Hey! - I was twelve. There were all sorts of strange feelings going on inside my gangly prepubescent body. All I knew was that afer I saw her video, I sort of wanted to buy her album, despite the fact that she was terrible.
- CD: The first CD I bought was John Lee Hooker's 'Boogie Chillun', in 1989. (accompanying any sharp intakes of breath at my innate coolness and taste should be the fact that I only bought it because it came free with one of those dodgey binder offers at the Moruya News Agent for $6.95)