Saturday, December 23, 2006

Talking Bollocks

Dear Lazyweb,

Is the word 'Bollocks' considered offensive?

I ask because I used it in a new upcoming post for the TOWER Software Blog, and I was wondering if maybe it might be deemed 'inappropriate'...

I used it because I think it's funny, but the extensive wikipedia entry on the word is just outright hilarious...
"In a technological context, the question could be 'Why has the web
developer included a three-minute animated intro to this page?', prompting
the answer: 'Dog's Bollock Syndrome, Mate. Because he can.'"

1 comment:

  1. As the Sex Pistols discovered, under British Law the term "bollocks" (when used to mean "nonsense") is not obscene (Wikipedia reference).

    So if anyone tried to tell you it is obscene, you can tell them to go get fucked!

    ReplyDelete