Thursday, April 27, 2006

Where's the Party?

As the challenge plays on, I'm beginning to think that iTunes 'Party Shuffle' algorithm for randomly playing songs is more than just a random mathematical function. Okay, maybe it's just getting late, but I think maybe Apple has got some voodoo magic going on somewhere in there...

For example - I'm writing the help documentation for the new 'favorites' feature in ICE, and iTunes starts to play Coltrane's My favorite Things. As I prowl through the Triage queue, looking for bugs to fix - or more importantly, which ones to not fix - iTunes comes up with the Cure's "Cut"...

And most telling of all, when I returned from a hastily swallowed takeaway dinner to resume my work this evening - The Torture Never Stops Part Two , by Frank Zappa.... iTunes knows, I tell you...

No comments:

Post a Comment